St. Rita Underclassmen Loaded with Talent: “I’m Going to Push Them”
If they didn’t know already, anyone who follows Chicago-area basketball Twitter found out on Wednesday, September 2, how much young talent the St. Rita boys basketball team has.
Over the span of a few hours, four of the Mustangs’ 2024 class — players who have yet to play a game in a high school uniform — and one 2023 player all received college offers:
- Northern Illinois and Siena offered 2024 forward Morez Johnson, Jr.
- Northern Illinois offered 2024 center James Brown
- Northern Illinois offered 2024 wing Joshua Pickett
- Northern Illinois offered 2024 point guard Jaedin Reyna
- Siena offered 2023 combo guard Kaiden Space
It was the first offer for four of the five, with Brown already holding offers from Siena, Western Illinois and Howard.
The infusion of young talent aligns with Roshawn Russell, who enters his second season as St. Rita’s head coach, taking over the program. Finishing with a 21-11 record overall in year one gave faith to prospective players about the direction of the program, Russell believes.Read more